Young architects and designers are invited to submit work to the 2024 Architectural League Prize for Young Architects + Designers competition. Projects of all types, either theoretical or real, and executed in any medium, are welcome. The jury will select work for presentation in lectures, digital media, and an exhibition in June 2024.
Winners will receive a cash prize of $2,000.
Dirt is matter: it is the soil, the ground, and the earth. But when dirt makes things dirty, they become unclean. To be dirty is not only a physical state of being; it is a moral position, as “dirty” subjects are understood to be vulgar, illicit, unpleasant, and improper. If cleanliness is next to godliness, dirtiness is debased.
This year’s League Prize asks designers to look beyond their presentations of professionalism, respectability, and expertise. It prompts designers to expose the forces that shape design practice, projects, modes of representation, and communication.
- The competition is open only to current full-time residents (who need not be citizens) of the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Entrants must be ten years or less out of a bachelor’s or master’s degree program. Current students are ineligible.
- No student work completed for any academic program or degree is eligible for submission. Educators may not include work done in their studios or for their teaching.
- Entrants may submit individually or as a group. Entrants must submit work done independently; no work done as an employee of a firm where the entrant is not a principal or partner is eligible for submission.
- Past League Prize winners are ineligible.