The Claude Parent Prize: 2024 is inspired by Claude Parent’s constant will to question architecture in its foundations, to research and experiment with an alternative architectural scenario. This international prize aims to reward active architects whose work opens new fields for this discipline. It will also allow architecture students to attend demanding debates, to better understand the work of Claude Parent, that of the winners, the members of the jury, and above all to become aware of the need, today, to explore and propose new transgressions.
The projects with the greatest potential must meet the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity: candidates must demonstrate a constant search for innovative and original ideas; they must have a critical and independent thought and voice; Must demonstrate an experimental or innovative approach in their projects and achievements, and open new perspectives for architecture or urban planning.
- Potential impact: Candidates make a significant contribution to architectural discourse. They broaden the debate on architecture, experiment with new solutions in their creations or projects, and raise awareness among the public and the profession of the need for architectural renewal.
- Text: The candidates set out to write their theoretical and practical approach in a text a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 500 words. This text must demonstrate how the candidate’s proposals contribute to an architectural renewal.
- Entries may be submitted by an architect or a multidisciplinary team. Multi-disciplinary teams must include at least one architect to enter.
- Whether the teams are multi-disciplinary or not, the architect alone is responsible for the entry and must first ensure that each member of his/her team fully agrees to the terms of these rules. If this is not the case, he/she may be held liable and will have to bear the consequences, whatever their nature and for whatever amount.
- For 2024, the prize endowment/award is an original drawing by Claude Parent with an estimated value of 7000 euros.