The Redesign Everything Challenge is a global design competition hosted by What Design Could Do (WDCD) that seeks creative solutions to address the climate crisis and kickstart the transition to a fair and circular future. Change makers everywhere are invited to submit ideas to radically redesign the world we live in — products, materials, stories, systems, services and spaces — through a circular and regenerative lens.
Since 2015, WDCD have partnered with organizations like IKEA Foundation to launch global challenges around different societal issues, from clean energy and circular products to the health and wellbeing of refugees. This year, they’re launching their most expansive challenge yet.
- The challenge is looking for creative climate solutions across five main disciplines: products, materials, communications, spaces and systems & services. This includes new ideas and existing enterprises for how one might transform society along with industries such as food, fashion and packaging, to mobility, electronics, digital services and construction.
- While WDCD ask you to position your ideas within these disciplines, your submission can take on any form. Maybe it’s a new circular material, or a digital service that makes recycling easy. Maybe it’s the beginning of a movement, or a campaign to shift cultural values and attitudes. Every effort counts, and every degree of change matters.
- WDCD will evaluate all submissions according to four key criteria: impact, design and creativity, feasibility and scalability, and the strength of your team and network.
- Their selection process begins with an online review by an international selection committee, and ends with in-video interviews with the international jury and the WDCD team.
- Redesign Everything is open to everyone around the globe. Designers, start-ups, students and entrepreneurs alike are invited to submit creative solutions that pave the way for a fair and circular future.
At the end of the open call, a minimum of 10 winning teams will be selected according to four key criteria: impact, design and creativity, feasibility and scalability, and the strength of your team and network. The award package includes:
- Winning funding for your idea
- Joining the WDCD accelerator
- Growing your audience
- Taking part in the WDCD boot camp
- Finding mentors in your field
- Ability to pitch on the WDCD stage