The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) and the Green Skills for Cities partnership are delighted to announce the Call for Papers for the biennial international symposium, Responsive Cities 2023, a global platform to experiment and rethink urban environments in response to today’s global challenges.
The Responsive Cities 2023 Symposium invites submissions of original projects that align with the theme of Collective Intelligence Design. The Symposium and Call for Projects is organized around the following topics:
- METABOLIZE & DECARBONIZE – resource flows | microbial intelligence | nature-based solutions
- CO-DESIGN & LIVING – qualitative data | crowd wisdom and community engagement | non human intelligence
- ADAPT TO CLIMATE & PERFORM – synthetic ecologies| simulating | predicting
- MATERIALIZE & BUILD – material intelligence | circular feedback loops | fabricate
- Every project should be presented in three (3) vertical DIN A-3 panels
- The panels should contain the following information: title, short description, drawings. Optional: renders, pictures of prototypes.
- Proposals should be submitted in English
- Panels should be anonymous. At the bottom right corner of each panel you need to insert a code of six mixed letters and numbers (you decide the code and you will need to insert this code in your application form)
- Each panel should be submitted in PDF format. The size of each file must not exceed 1MB
- Copyright: all parts of the submitted material (including text and photographs), must be either authored by the person/people submitting, or must have the rights to use and publish them. Each panel should be submitted in PDF format. The size of each file must not exceed 1MB