Engage’s Shaping Spaces Together — Design Competition challenges you to transform and enhance a local public space that is overlooked or poorly maintained. This transformation should be beautiful and add value to the lives of those who encounter it. Engage encourage you to foster social wellbeing and enhance people’s lives through your design. Some examples might be: turning an alleyway into space for public art, rejuvenating a forgotten corner of a park, or finding new uses for under-utilized parking spaces; the possibilities are endless.
As part of your competition entry, you must gather feedback from the community who will use the space. This feedback is core to designing something that is not only beautiful but also functional for those who interact with it everyday. Engage is a new tool created for designers, like you, to simplify the process of gathering feedback. You’ll use it to harness the wealth of knowledge within your community and gather important insights.
All approved submissions will be judged by a panel of anonymous designers. This panel will determine the Grand Prize Winner and the 2nd Place Winner.
- Grand Prize: $500
- 2nd Place Winner: $250
- Designer’s Choice Award: $250
All approved submissions will be opened to public voting on Engage’s blog. The submission with the most verified votes will be named the Designer’s Choice Award winner.
- All text must be in English
- Must be an original work, created by the submitter
- One design submission per person
- You may work as an individual or in a group or team. Maximum team size: 4.
- Participants retain all rights to their submissions.
- Participants grant Engage license to publish submissions online and in print.
- Open to anyone from anywhere
- Awards are paid using Paypal.