Volume Zero invites participants to the 4th edition of the Tiny House Architecture Competition. Tiny House 2023 aims to celebrate individuality, reimagine sustainability, and to exalt simple, innovative yet resourceful living. The Tiny House Movement is also a platform that not only explores the avenues of ‘mobile’ or ‘Off the Grid’ Living spaces but also the freedom and independence they would offer. Come be a part of this movement; join a new wave of habitat designers!
Participants are to design a Tiny House for 2 people that would provide a comfortable living space. The design of the Tiny House should be innovative and creative with a sustainable edge.
The area of the proposed Tiny House should not exceed 300 sq. ft., where mobility is a vital factor. The house need not have the ability to transfer itself from place to place; it could be treated as a unit or an assembly of units that can be towed/moved easily by a car or a pickup truck. However, the participants can avoid the issue of mobility altogether by choosing a permanent site and providing a strong justification for the same.
The relation between the exterior surroundings and the interior spaces must be taken into consideration in cases of both fixed and changeable sites. The proposed design should be well-conceptualized and is required to be off the grid as much as possible.
The Interior Spaces should include the following:
- Living Area
- Toilet space
- Sleeping Area for 2
- Cooking and Dining Area
- Recreational spaces
- Any other function that the participant wishes to add to the habitat
Client Interaction is one of the most critical components of the design proposal. For the purpose of this competition, participants may assume their client to be an individual, a couple, two separate individuals, or multiple genres of individuals based on the design concept. Keep in mind that a good designer would anticipate not just the needs of the users but also the needs of the future of the users.
The participants can choose a site according to their design proposals. The location can be either an urban or a rural area anywhere across the world. The design should be integrated well with the selected site and the selected site must strongly justify the design proposal.
- 1st Prize: USD 2000 + Certificates + Publication
- 2nd Prize: USD 1200 + Certificates+ Publication
- 3rd Prize: USD 800 + Certificates+ Publication
- Student Award: USD 500 + Certificates+ Publication
- *Reserved Exclusively for Student Participations* 10 Honourable mentions: Winners and Honourable Mentions will be published on Volume Zero Competitions website and in several international architecture and design magazines.
- All participants will receive a participation certificate.
TINY HOUSE 2023 – Architecture Competition is open to all. No professional qualifications are necessary.
Early Bird Registrations:
- Participants from India – 1800+18% GST = INR 2124 (per team)
- Participants from Other Countries – 70 + 18% GST = USD 82.6 (per team)
- Participants from India – 2400 + 18% GST = INR 2832 (per team)
- Participants from Other Countries – 85+ 18% GST = USD 100.3 (per team)