The TRANSFER Architecture Video Award is an independent award, launched in 2019, to recognize the most creative and innovative short films in the field of architecture, city or landscape worldwide.
Video is becoming increasingly instrumental in analyzing architecture and the human environment, and is directly related to the digital networks that underpin contemporary communication. With the TRANSFER Architecture Video Award, they aim to highlight the contributions that best represent new means of knowledge and analysis of architecture using video, both as a critical tool and an artistic practice.
- The main criteria are the short film’s contribution to exploring innovative ways of analyzing and experiencing architecture, city or landscape, the relevance of the topic and its social impact, and a high standard of production.
- Short films must have a maximum duration of 5 minutes and must have been produced within the past three years (2021-2023).
- The award is global in scope and open to filmmakers, architects, artists, photographers or any individual or group whose video work is related with architecture, city or landscape.
- Loreta Castro Reguera, Principal Taller Capital, Professor Faculty of Architecture, UNAM, Mexico.
- Carole Diop, Architect, Founder Afrikadaa Magazine, Dakar, Senegal.
- Maxime Faure & Adam W. Pugliese, Filmmakers, France.
- Martino Stierli, The Philip Johnson Chief Curator of Architecture and Design, MoMA, New York, United States.
- Alfredo Thiermann, Assistant Professor for History and Theory of Architecture, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Xu Tiantian, Principal DnA Desing and Architecture, Beijing, China.
- Isabel Concheiro, Editor-in-chief, TRANSFER.
- Helen van Vemde, Founder, Sotto Voce Foundation.
- The Award winner and honourable mentions will receive a TRANSFER Architecture Video Award 2023 certificate.
- They will be published on the TRANSFER Global Architecture Platform and be presented in a public event in Switzerland in the Winter 2024.