ABOUT THIS COMPANY
superkül is an award-winning architecture practice based in Toronto. Our projects range from interior renovations and urban infill through to new construction, adaptive reuse and master planning exercises. The 20 person studio is led by two principals, along with three associates and a team of project architects, designers and technologists. Our studio believes in a work culture that is defined by collaboration, stability, ongoing career growth, and unique work. The practice’s portfolio includes projects in a broad range of sectors, from residential to commercial and institutional as well as mixed-use developments.
superkül relies on its Architectural Designers to assist and work alongside Senior Designers and Project Managers. Under their direction, the architectural designer will prepare detailed specifications and drawings, for interiors, buildings and structures in conformity with project requirements.
• Prepares architectural drawings using REVIT and AutoCAD, and other modeling software;
• Performs analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents/reports to which a project may be subject to;
• Gathers and organizes site and building information;
• Prepares graphic drawings, diagrams for presentations and reports;
• Supports and works alongside Senior Architectural Designers, Project Managers, Associates and Principals;
• Assists with the development and conception of architectural designs including research and resolving technical and design issues;
• Assists with the production of drawings, specifications and performance of construction administration;
• Provides assistance with site coordination and working with Contractors to solve construction and site issues;
• Develops relationships with internal teams;
• Other related duties will be assigned as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 3+ years of post-graduate work experience in an architectural practice;
• Completion of Bachelor or Master of Architecture from a recognized institution;
• Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite;
• Ability to work well either on a team or independently;
• Experience in construction documentation and contract administration;
• Understanding of the Ontario Building Code and City of Toronto’s Zoning by-laws;
• Experience in the processes of Authorities Having Jurisdiction (i.e. building permit application, site plan application, committee of adjustment, etc);
• LEED accreditation and knowledge in sustainable technologies beneficial;
• Member of the Ontario Association of Architects and/or Royal Architectural Institute of Canada beneficial;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and samples of their work (PDF file, max. 5MB) to [email protected] with ‘Architectural Designer Position Application’ as the subject line.