HOK is seeking a talented Wayfinding Design Specialist is a passionate, innovative, and collaborative experiential designer to jump in and be part of our energetic and ambitious Experience Design team in San Francisco. This position offers an exciting opportunity to integrate graphic communication, branding, signage and wayfinding in fresh and creative ways for high-profile projects.
- Creates unique designs and branding signage programs for complex wayfinding projects.
- Understand target audiences’ cognitive, cultural, physical and social environment to lead in the planning and executing of design.
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
- Interface with clients on project needs.
- May supervise junior team members on project assignments.
- Leads mock-up design reviews for errors before the final production or client presentation.
- May participate in marketing efforts with other senior staff such as client interviews and proposal preparation.
- Assist in all phases of project planning and implementation including concept design, design development, construction development, construction documents, bidding and fabrication for way finding/signage and graphic/ branding projects in the studio.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Knowledge of the environmental graphic design process.
- Knowledge of materials and methods used in wayfinding and signage.
- Knowledge of corporate branding, print design and multi-media applications required.
- Knowledge of construction documentation and specification techniques.
- Must possess design talent, creative energy, management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Mac-based studio utilizing Adobe Creative Suite for design.
- Proficiency in MS Office such as Outlook.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and troubleshoot problems and recognize alternative actions.
- Ability to provide excellent, consistent service to internal and external clients in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of Revit and Sign Agent Pro or similar.
- Knowledge of Rhino, SketchUp, Premier Pro, HTML or After Effects a plus.
- Knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment and must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, graphic design, industrial design or related degree required.
- 5 plus years of related experience in with the design, development and implementation of large scale environmental graphic design projects required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.