Academic Design endeavours allow the free flow of unfettered ideas – experimental, bold, promising, and unconventional. An intensive architectural discourse and a collaborative design process are essential to develop ingenious solutions to complex problems of the future.
An Architecture Thesis is considered the avant-garde – pushing the boundaries of what is accepted as the norm in the architectural realm. It is the outcome of months of painstaking research and an excruciating design process yet it hardly gets any recognition beyond the design studio. It is imperative to share such revolutionary ideas with the entire fraternity to open up new possibilities of dialogue.
‘Architecture Thesis of the Year 2020’ is an international architecture thesis competition that aims to extend appreciation to the tireless effort and exceptional creativity of student thesis in the fields of Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Restoration. We seek to encourage young talent in bringing their path breaking ideas to the forefront on a global scale.
- The competition is open to students of all nationalities and institutions in the fields of Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape and Restoration.
- All Undergraduate/Bachelors and Graduate/Masters Thesis conducted in the calendar year 2017 – 2020 are eligible to participate.
- Group as well as individual entries are allowed.
A total of 4 panels of size 30 cm x 30 cm are to be submitted as a combined PDF document, which shall not exceed 5 MB.
- Panels 1 to 3: Graphic Representation
These may include, but are not limited to, 3D views, sketches, sections, isometric views, plans, elevations or any other means of graphical representation. Graphic Representation panels may not include text other than number labels (ex. ① ② ③). The number labels may be defined in text summary on the 4th panel only.
- Panel 4: Text Summary
Write a text summary about your thesis project in under 300 words. The project title must be included as the heading of this panel. Your team number should be written in the top right corner of this panel. Any other information which discloses your identity shall lead to disqualification. All text must be in English.
- E-mail your submission to [email protected]. The file name and subject of the email should be ‘ATY2020-Registration ID’ (ex. if your Registration ID is 1234, the file name and email subject should be ATY2020-1234). You will receive your Registration ID after completing the registration procedure.
- After submitting the checkout form, you will automatically receive a confirmation e-mail from the Charette. In the e-mail, you will find your Registration ID. Please note, your Registration ID is same as your Order number.
- It will not be possible to amend or update any information relating to your registration including the names of team members once validated.
- Registration Code is the only means of identification of a team as it is an anonymous competition.
- The official language of the competition is English.
- Contacting the Jury is strictly prohibited.
- Participant teams will be disqualified if any of the competition rules or submission requirements are not considered. Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
Top 3 Entries:
- Exclusive Interview
- Project will be featured in the Charette Journal
10 Honorable Mentions:
- E-Certificate of Excellence
- Project inclusion in the Charette Journal