The Monument of Hope competition explores the ability of Architecture to create a healing environment that can affect the physical and psychological behaviour of the user. The basic premise is to imagine a space that can create a therapeutic effect on society, to an extent that it can evoke a sense of peacefulness to induce positive and emotional feelings.
The objective of Monument of Hope is to create an environment while applying the concept of sensory architecture. The idea is to explore and highlight how spaces have the power to heal us and affect feelings. To promote better planning and designing of spaces, the competition urges architecture students and professionals to help in demonstrating how one can design healthy environments and spaces that can reduce stress and anxiety levels of the society.
There shall be no limitation on site selection like area, geography,
topography, etc. Selecting the site is on the sole discretion of the participants. The teams are required to set up an ideal background for its building, creating a healing environment for the user.
Entries will be Evaluated in the Following Criteria:
- Design concept: Concept behind the proposed Monument of Hope
- Translation of space: Originality and stimulation of spaces
- Understanding of brief: Understanding the requirements and its translation in design concept
- The-big-factor: Display of exceptional creativity in the design form
- Community inclusion: Selection of site and how does it interact with the society
- Presentation: Seamless representation of design thoughts on the sheet