The Museum of Emotions competition tasks participants with using architecture to bring out different emotions. They are asked to design a museum that includes two separate exhibition halls that bring out contrasting emotions. One inducing negative emotions, and the other inducing positive emotions.
Participants are free to choose the specific emotions they incite with their designs – fear, anger, anxiety, love, happiness, laughter, etc. The purpose of the Museum of Emotions is to use architecture as the primary tool to create emotional states.
As this is an ideas competition, participants are free to choose any site location, real or imaginary, or size of their structure.
Museum of Emotions / Edition #3 is one of Buildners’ silent competitions, in which participants must communicate their ideas without the use of any text. The design concept and thinking behind it must all be communicated solely through the use of visuals.
- Total prize: 7,000€ + Publication in Magazine
- 1st prize: 3,000€, Publications + Certificate of Achievement
- 2nd prize: 1,500€, Publications + Certificate of Achievement
- 3rd prize: 1,000€, Publications + Certificate of Achievement
- BUILDNER STUDENT AWARD (MORE DETAILS): 1,000€ + 50€ ARCHHIVE BOOKSGift Card + 50 Points Buildner Architecture University Rankings + Publications + Certificate of Achievement
- BUILDNER SUSTAINABILITY AWARD (MORE DETAILS): 500€ Publications, Certificate of Achievement
- + 6 HONOURABLE MENTIONS
- CERTIFICATE: Buildner will also acknowledge the outstanding performance of all winners and honourable mentions with Certificates of Achievement.