NLA has a vision for a New London: for a city that is sustainable, civilized and egalitarian, that seeks to improve the quality and standards of new design and respects its rich mix of old and new, that supports the regeneration of its towns, and that strives to improve the usability of its streets and public spaces. The Awards celebrate all scales of projects, from community-led to large-scale mixed-use developments, both built and unbuilt, that contribute to and enhance this vision of the city. Across all 14 categories, including unbuilt, the jury will be looking for projects that demonstrate:
- High quality design that respects its context and enhances London’s rich mix of old and new;
- A wider contribution to placemaking, improving the social, cultural and economic character of the local area;
- Advancing knowledge and skills around the design, delivery, construction and funding of projects for the capital;
- Longevity, through efficient use of resources, energy and consideration of long-term use and financial viability.
- Any company involved in the planning, design or construction of a project is eligible to enter the project into the New London Awards.
- The project must be located within any of the 33 London Boroughs.
- Submitted projects can be at any stage from completion to on the drawing board. A ‘built’ project must have achieved practical completion within the last two years (between 10 May 2019 and 10 May 2021). An ‘unbuilt’ project must have a real site, and be at any stage of design or construction at time of entry on 10 May 2021. Any project completed before 10 May 2019 will not be eligible.