Tomasella and Desall invite you to design a new collection of furniture items for the bedroom, consisting of a double bed and a set of storage units.
Tomasella is looking for a collection of furniture items dedicated to the night zone of private houses and hotels. It will consist of a double bed and a set of storage units, including a bedside table, a drawer dresser and a drawer chest (optional), characterized by a modern style, in line with the brand, and showing great attention to details.
- Product typology: the collection of furniture items for the bedroom you propose shall consist of a double bed, that might be wooden, padded, or both wooden and padded, two bedside tables (2 drawers each) – that might either be integrated in or placed next to the double bed, a drawer dresser and a drawer narrow chest (optional).
- Style: your collection shall have a modern style, with great attention to details and materials. The elements of the collection shall have the same family feeling. The aesthetics of the furniture items shall be able to meet the taste and the requests of a heterogeneous and cosmopolitan public, while complying with the brand style and with the products available in its catalogue.
- Drawer narrow chest (optional): inside the set of storage units, in addition to the bedside tables and to the drawer dresser, you may also propose a drawer narrow chest, that is a vertical storage unit with 5 to 7 drawers.
- Additional functionalities (optional): proposals suggesting additional functionalities that go beyond the standard functions for this product typology (bed or storage units) will be greatly welcomed. For example suggesting a moving mechanism that modifies the product adding some functionalities or increasing the available surface, a special technical device, etc.
- Size: the elements to design shall have the following size
- Double bed, suitable for 160cm x 200cm bed base
- Drawer dresser, maximum frontal width of 135cm or 150cm
- There are no other constraints in terms of size and no standard size shall be taken into consideration for the drawers.
- Production technologies: in order to ensure the industrial feasibility of your products, your design shall take into consideration mass production technologies.
- Materials: the double bed should be wooden, padded, or wooden and padded at the same time. The storage units shall be made of wood. For the coverings of the padded elements, you may employ fabrics, leatherette or leather. For the wood finishes, you may suggest laminate, matt lacquer finish, open-pore or textural finishes. You may suggest metal inserts as well.
Eligibility and Submission
Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “Night Collection Design” will be accepted.
- Deliverables: upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) and, if necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
- All texts provided with your uploads (abstract, description, tags, etc.) should be written in English.
- Evaluation criteria: in the evaluation of your submissions Tomasella will take into account the following criteria:
- Aesthetics (5/5) Compliance with the brand (5/5) Collection modularity (5/5) Degree of innovation (4/5) Project presentation (4/5)
€5000 + Royalties