The Show Garden Competition for Seoul International Garden Show: 2024 is Seoul Metropolitan City’s premier venue for spreading garden culture, introducing new garden design trends, and discovering creative garden designs. They are looking for submissions by garden designers of great calibre for their two garden idea proposals.
Show Garden A – Resilience with Garden:
Propose a creative garden that contributes to the inner resilience through the resilience in nature. (Show Gardens will be semi-permanently maintained on-site.) Considering the conditions of the site, Seoul International Garden Show wants your proposed garden to seamlessly integrate to the ‘context of the site’. They also welcome any thoughtful gestures and ideas regarding ‘reuse, recycling, and circulation of resources’ that takes into account the environment of the Earth.
Show Garden B – Garden for All:
Seoul International Garden Show is looking for ‘sustainable public garden’ where a person’s life-cycle and gardens go hand in hand, a Show Garden ‘for all ages’ that can be enjoyed differently, from children, young adults, workers and home-makers, to elderly. They also look forward to witnessing ‘a new Hangang River scenery’ where the Seoul citizens come to enjoy ‘leisurely life’ in diverse ways at the Show Gardens, which will be located in Ttukseom Hangang Park. They ask that the Show Gardens are ‘a garden for all life on the Earth’ where even a single clump of grass or a butterfly can find its home.
- Any experts and professionals in relevant fields.
- By principle, the application should be submitted as an individual. The applicant may form a team with up to 1(one) co-applicant. The applicant (Representative in case of a team application) has the authority to submit and receive any documents related to this competition and to obtain and/or abandon any rights.
- Following tasks must be carried out by the selected applicant(s) and/or team(s).
- Physical construction of the garden based on the selected design.
- Uninterrupted presence at the garden construction site during the construction phase (However, those applying from overseas may delegate the on-site presence to a local construction company in South Korea).
- Participation at the opening ceremony and other major events during Seoul International Garden Show 2024.
- Maintain and manage the garden during the Seoul International Garden Show: May–October 2024. (However, those applying from overseas may delegate the on-site presence to a local construction company in South Korea).
- Collaboration with a company is allowed; however, the company may not be appointed as a representative.
- For those applying from overseas, construction must take place in consortium with a local construction company in South Korea. Should the overseas applicant selected after the First Jury Review require arrangement with a local construction company, the supervising organization may make recommendations.
Awards & Prizes:
Show Garden A (3 Teams, Prize money per team):
- 1 Gold Prize (10 Million KRW) / 1 Silver Prize (7 Million KRW) / 1 Bronze Prize (4 Million KRW)
Show Garden B (7 Teams, Prize money per team):
- 1 Gold Prize (7 Million KRW) / 2 Silver Prizes (5 Million KRW) / 4 Bronze Prizes (3 Million KRW)
A Total of 10 works will be awarded with a certificate of merit by the Mayor of Seoul Metropolitan City.