Participants are to design a Women’s Community Pavilion optimized for 75 users
engaging multifunctional spaces for women of all age groups using architecture
as a medium of change. The challenge here is focused on creating an architectural marvel that symbolizes the impact of women and their influence on our society. The designed spaces must integrate function, aesthetics and structural ingenuity.
Participants are to consider an optimum usage of space while designing. The
structure should not exceed 500 square metres of footprint area. The proposed design should also be easy to maintain by its users. The space designed must include but are not limited to functions like reception and admin area, cafeteria, Spaces for sanitation, skill development workshop studios, exhibition space, cultural spaces, library, shops, counselling cabin, intervention hall, community space, etc. Participants are encouraged to develop their own
program in addition to this.
The design should provoke innovative activities that stimulate and accelerate community development. This structure must symbolize hope and strength, the design should inspire the local community and be capable of raising awareness of women’s rights and empowerment. The competition aims to promote architectural design as an instrument of social change.
Participants are to choose a site in an urban or rural context for their design proposal. The site selected should be in dire need of change that can be well
achieved through awareness and social transformation. The design should be well integrated into the context.
The submission must include, (but is not limited to) the following required drawings.
- A single A1 sheet must be submitted in JPEG format (150 DPI Resolution), file size not exceeding 5 MB
- Three dimensional representations explaining the design, perspectives and montages which display the character of the project.
- Building / Site sections which illustrate key aspects and major spatial or programmatic elements.
- Floor plans to show the interior spatial arrangements and program.
- Elevations demonstrating qualities such as material, texture, and colour.
- Large scale drawings that illustrate innovative details or integrated aspects of design.
- All drawings should be presented at a scale appropriate for the design solution and include a graphic scale for reference.
- All text must be in English, with a maximum of 200 words for project explanation with a readable font size. All dimensions should be in imperial or metric units.
Women’s Pavilion 2021 is an open ideas design competition. The competition is
open to students and professionals. A team can have up to three members.
1st Prize: $2000 USD
2nd Prize: $1200 USD
3rd Prize: $800 USD
All winners will receive a certificate of achievement.