Design can make our communities more resilient in the face of climate change. But what are the most effective strategies for achieving the biggest impact in the shortest time?
Join us in Toronto on November 14 and 15, 2024 at AZURE's Human/Nature conference for two days of stimulating keynotes, panels and workshops.
In partnership with:
Azure’s conference will bring together architects, urbanists, designers and other innovators – as well as activists, environmentalists and business leaders – to motivate greater collaboration and share proven approaches to greener products, spaces and cities.
- Students and educators will learn how their work could be aligned to mitigation, adaptation and combatting climate change.
- Business leaders will see how major industry players are achieving carbon neutrality.
- City planners and officials will hear from colleagues around the world who are galvanizing public support and investment funds for game-changing infrastructural projects.
And for all who are concerned about climate change and how it will impact their future, this conference will present new ways of thinking about and acting on their climate change goals.
- How can designers and brands build business models and processes around everything from the ecological manufacturing of products that last to their sustainable delivery and end-of-life retrieval?
- What are the most meaningful approaches to our plastics problem?
- How are manufacturers building green production processes from A to Z, with less to no reliance on extractive practices or fossil fuels?
- What new tools are available for ensuring a transparent supply chain?
- How can we adapt existing buildings to take into consideration upfront and overall embodied carbon and lessen our reliance on fossil fuels?
- What policies and codes need to change for us to protect and adapt more of our building stock?
- Which new solar and other green technologies are the most promising?
- What do interior designers need to know about designing more environmentally friendly interiors?
- How can we retrofit our cities to mitigate extreme heat and ensure long-term comfort and livability?
- How can we create more resilient landscapes and urban realms that future-proof against extreme weather events, such as forest fires and flooding?
- How are cities successfully implementing new transportation designs that are accessible, ecological and beautiful?
- How can climate-conscious design meaningfully intersect with the societal needs that will grow in importance alongside a more unstable climate: shelter, food and jobs?
Present at Azure’s Human/Nature Conference in November 2024!
We want your proposal for an hour-long CEU-accredited session at our conference. Sessions will address the intersection of design and climate change and aim for solution-oriented strategies for mitigation and resilience.
Who Should Submit?
Any practitioner or multi-disciplinary group with proven results and/or viable approaches to mitigating climate change through design. Projects we are interested in learning about include landscapes that mitigate the effects of rising temperatures and superstorms, housing projects that are both inclusive and sustainable, and product lines that are carbon neutral.
- Landscape Architects
- Product Designers
- Interior Designers
- Policy makers