Lemay is seeking a forward-thinking, strategic Registered Architect who has the passion and drive to lead a growing creative studio of designers and trans-disciplinary projects in our Edmonton office. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Regional Directors of the West to transform design in the Edmonton community and foster client relationships. This person must be experienced in all aspects of design and project execution while possessing a collaborative and inspiring leadership approach. As a team leader, you will work with designers from across Canada to collaborate on exceptional projects in the Edmonton region and throughout western Canada.
What You Will Accomplish With Us
- Actively develop and build client relationships in the Edmonton market and increase client awareness with long term value, in collaboration of with our Business Development team;
- Responsible for the management of business relationships with clients, external consultants, other and growing existing account activity throughout the sales cycle and ensure business effectiveness;
- Identify opportunities & target markets by promoting company’s innovative and creative solutions in connect with the client needs;
- Participate in the development of proposals that win new business.
Project Planning and Execution
- Oversee and participate in the design and project delivery process by establishing project requirements, identifying project deliverables, defining project schedules, managing and leading project teams, managing project budgets and schedules, construction deliver, etc.
- Lead meetings with clients to determine needs, scope, timeline, budget, and overall project factors;
- Ensure compliance with budget, schedule, code and municipal regulations;
- Lead and coordinate as Prime Consultant the work of a transdisciplinary Lemay team, consulting engineers and other external stakeholders;
- Implement best practices within the team and assure knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrate leadership and Architecture and Design best practices while representing Lemay.
What You Need
- Professional degree in architecture
- Minimum 9 years experience in an Architecture/Prime Consulting
- Membership in good standing with the Alberta Association of Architects
- Strong communicator with different stakeholders including internal team members
- Independent, motivated, and proactive problem-solver focused on the client experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of project management fundamentals, including project budgeting and fees, scheduling, and financial performance and an aptitude for learning Lemay’s project process
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of architectural design, building codes, construction and costs
- Ability to work fluidly and effectively in an online design environment as well as in the workplace as conditions permit
- Good stress management and ability to multitask