Turner Fleischer is seeking skilled a Project Manager to work in the Residential and Mixed-use, Commercial and Industrial, and Construction Administration departments.
The ideal candidate is adept in managing large and complex high rise residential projects or commercial and industrial projects with an ability to work collaboratively with clients, consultants and internal team members.
A strong creative edge that can be leveraged in the schematic design phase is an asset. Learning and development is built into the fabric of our culture, so a successful candidate will be skilled at sharing their expertise to coach and mentor members of their project teams and across our broader studio.
- Preparing and/or reviewing fee proposals and all related contracts to ensure the fee structure, project schedule, staff allocation and client expectations are clear;
- Managing all project financial objectives, ensuring projects remain on track and within budget parameters;
- Leading the design process and creating solutions that align and exceed client expectations, ensuring the project intent is captured from the feasibility phase through construction;
- Ensuring the project team has an ongoing and consistent understanding of project schedules and deliverables;
- Leading project team meetings internally and externally with clients and consultants in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders;
- Attending off site work, including but not limited to, site visits and meetings with clients, consultants, and contractors;
- Managing projects with an awareness of potential areas of risk and liability.
- A Diploma, Bachelor or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture;
- At least 3 years of direct experience managing high rise residential or commercial and industrial projects from approvals to design development;
- Experience working on project planning particularly on complex sites and buildings;
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a proven track record of meeting project timelines;
- Technically experienced in Revit, Sketchup, Bluebeam, Adobe Suite and MS Office Suite;
- Knowledgeable in the municipal bylaws, OBC and other provincial and national building codes and their application to the built form;
- Someone who actively seeking and sharing knowledge of current design techniques, building systems, design trends with studio members;
- Contributes to a high performance environment that fosters continual learning and development opportunities;
- Someone who loves working on a diverse variety of Residential + Mixed-use project types.
To apply to the Architectural Project Manager position at Turner Fleischer, please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.