If we asked you “What’s possible?” would you look for an answer? HCMA Architecture + Design is serious about improving our world through architecture, promoting social sustainability, and being engaged in a broad spectrum of civic issues. To do this, we bring together passionate, intelligent and engaged individuals who want to make a significant impact. We hope our work enhances the lives of those who use it and inspires generations of future designers and thinkers. To achieve this, we’re looking for someone to produce high quality design solutions, enhance our technical competence and support our growth.
- A commitment to exceptional design through consistently high quality documentation and detailing
- A deep understanding of how to put together a set of construction documents that provides clarity to those that implement them
- An understanding and application of the broader design objectives while developing the details;
- Strong graphic and organizational skills
- A high level of proficiency in REVIT and AutoCAD (Sketch-Up Capability an asset)
- A Diploma in Architectural Technology
- A commitment to professionalism with an Architectural Technologist AIBC designation (preferred)
- Ability to work independently and through collaboration and co-creation
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code and its application to construction detailing
- Demonstrated background of experience detailing larger scale institutional buildings and market residential
If you feel you have what it takes to own this critical role for our production teams, SHOW US. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement on why you are right for our team by February 1, 2019. Get creative and convince us you’re the kind of person who appreciates design and can translate that vision into a well-crafted detail, and that we’d be foolish not to hire you. Only qualified candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or drop-ins please.