Giannone Petricone is currently seeking an Associate to join their Toronto office. Associates serve as the second in command to the Principals by contributing to the vision, advocacy and promotion of the firm at a high level by overseeing and being accountable for all projects, people and
clients within their practice area. They work to ensure timely, high-quality delivery of projects and consistent improvement in the quality of the firm’s production and client service. They work to advance the success of the firm and focus on increasing value by shaping the design vision and leading the achievement of strategic goals.
• Keep projects moving!
• Oversee multiple projects from concept through to completion and ensure deliverables meet deadlines and fulfill firm expectations
• Manage overall staffing and resource allocation ensuring teams are appropriately structured and scheduled
• Manage client relationships and expectations to support the firm’s priorities
• Lead the conception and development of design for projects that meet the firm’s standards throughout all phases
• Set the bar for projects to meet GPA’s standards for design excellence and ensure final accountability and delivery
Technical and Quality Assurance
• Oversee and ensure projects meet the highest technical quality standards as well as regulatory and other project specific requirements
Leadership and People Management
• Build the culture of the firm and its people by constantly observing, being involved and developing team members – especially Team Leaders and senior staff
• Act as an Ambassador of the firm through participation in related industry initiatives
• Set the tone, objectives and expectations for teams, and directs individual accomplishments towards firm objectives
• Monitor project hours and ensure staff timesheets are accurate and completed
• Lead fee management and focus on maximizing overall project profitability, initiating corrective actions where necessary
• Provide guidance on the creation and development of project proposals
• Lead team meetings to coordinate project deliverables, best practices, discuss team achievements, provide support where required
- To be the successful candidate you will have a strong commitment to design excellence and its execution.
- You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration and you will have experience working on a variety of project types including mixed-use, residential, commercial and hospitality.
- Professional experience must include practical skills in both people and project management.
- You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology; and possess a minimum of 10+ years professional working experience.
To submit your CV and portfolio for consideration, send email to [email protected].