Patricia Urquiola Studio is an award-winning Milan-based international design firm that specializes in architecture, interior design, product design, graphic design, branding, art direction. We are recruiting an extremely talented Concept Architect with minimum eight years of significant experience in the field of design to develop new concepts with a deep understanding of creative and materials research, production technology, relation with clients and project schedule management. We need someone capable to bring highly creative talent to the role, naturally curious, passionate about Patricia Urquiola’s identity. He/she will work on a wide range of international projects.
Concept Architect responsibilities:
- concept design, space planning, FF&E and supervision of design development phases
- high aesthetic and cross-cultural sensitivity with a multidisciplinary attitude
- multi-tasking: managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines
- creative team leader: steering the design team to create new concepts from sketches to final presentation with renders and technical details
- great communicator: having the ability to communicate to both clients and internal team
- time and team management: managing in a professional and productive way. Motivating people is crucial too
- client management: being capable to interact with clients and understand/respond to their needs
- independent decision making: being able to take the next step to solve the problems and proceed the design process
- foster an inspiring and positive culture
- strive for continuous improvement and excellence
- minimum eight years’ of working experience in interior design field, with a related master’s degree
- previous experience working on high-end retail, hotel, residential, offices and exhibition sectors
- highly proficient skills in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite. Rhino/3D Studio or other 3D visualisation programs will be beneficial
- consistent creativity, capability in generating ideas and translating into design proposals
- excellent communication skills in English, both speaking and writing
- closeness with the studio identity and direction
- ability and passion to travel all around the world
- dedication to quality
- positive, problem-solver attitude
How to apply:
- At the moment we are only considering applicants who are eligible to work in Italy.
- Please submit a personalized cover letter, CV and a PDF portfolio (under 10MB) via the button below.
- Please specify ‘Concept architect/interior designer’ as subject for your application email.
- References from previous experiences’ employers will be highly appreciated.
- Only candidates who answer to the given requirements will be contacted by Studio Urquiola.