HGA’s San Francisco Healthcare practice group is seeking talented, design-sensitive, ambitious professionals with good people skills and lots of energy! HGA offers challenge, recognition and personal visibility with an opportunity to be part of great projects. Under supervision, this position produces architectural documents (in the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project) for Project Managers that are responsive to the client’s needs and deadlines while keeping in mind HGA architectural procedures, standards and quality expectations.
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects’ design philosophy and provides input in developing a design and building performance strategy and effectively conveys this to assigned team members when appropriate.
- Contributes to project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work, in close collaboration with Senior Designer.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions.
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants and knowledge resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project.
- Contributes to the preparation of design documents and detailed development of construction documents during all project phases, delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation.
- Advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design.
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors during all project phases, participating in marketing, client and owner presentations as required.
- Manages related components/tasks of project so that all can be effectively executed, according to schedule and within budget.
- Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with other team members.
Preferred Candidates Will Have
- Bachelor of Architecture degree – Master’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience on small-to-large scale healthcare projects
- Proficiency in Revit required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, and other graphic tools desired
- Pursuing Architectural registration
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.