Yabu Pushelberg, an award-winning multidisciplinary design firm, is seeking to grow their successful Industrial Design team. With an ever-expanding and diverse client list, the firm is looking to hire a mid-senior level industrial designer to compliment the team’s abilities. The successful candidate will be passionate about luxury design and interiors and intuitively understand the subtlety and detail required to develop high end furniture, fixtures and products for exclusive international clients and manufacturers.
- Original concept development through sketching, 3D modeling and rendering
- Developing detailed technical drawings and overseeing the prototyping process
- Working closely with the Industrial Design team, Interior teams, Project Management and Design Directors
- Developing custom furniture for interior projects as well as products for production in collaboration with premium furniture brands from around the world
- Traveling for prototype reviews, client meetings and trade shows
- A degree in Industrial or Furniture Design
- 4+ years of practical work experience required
- Previous experience in luxury hospitality and retail environments is an asset
- Proficient in 3D modeling software: SolidWorks and/or Rhino
- Knowledge of associated rendering packages and/or plug-ins
- Strong sketching ability, visualization skills
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, materials, and techniques; with hands on experience building furniture and products
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), strong graphic and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to switch and prioritize between several projects or tasks at once, working independently and within a team environment
- Ability to switch between different design genres and styles, on a project-to-project basis
Please send your resume and portfolio for consideration to: [email protected]
Resumes not accompanied by a portfolio will not be considered.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.