As a Gensler Junior Interior Designer, your job is to combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts.
What You Will Do
- Perform interior design assignments using professional concepts and procedures;
- Producing space plans, furniture plans, elevations, sections, joinery/millwork details; conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
- Providing solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Develop and produce CAD and BIM drawing packages for design review, tendering and construction;
- May be involved in selecting, scheduling and concept of FF&E and color and materials for projects in coordination with other team members for presentation to clients and space planning concepts;
- Produce sketch plan/schematic design documentation of interior layouts, loose furniture, joinery, finishes;
- May be involved in meeting with suppliers and co-ordinate and educate the design team on new materials, brands and special treatments;
- Delivering the highest quality of professional service
- Support the rest of the team with primary design interface with clients and attend client / site meetings as required;
- In charge of arranging the finishes library and prepare finishes boards for client presentations;
- Render plans and elevations to convey a design concept to a client;
- Guiding, advising, and mentoring other designers on projects, developing design directions and leading design critiques/forums
- 3+ years’ experience with the design of workplace interiors projects.
- Diploma and / or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of design.
- Strong planning abilities, including development of design concepts, knowledge of furniture and finishes, planning codes, and budgets.
- Self-starters with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills in presentations.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D computer design programs.
- Ability to work well with a team
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.