Please note that this has expired and is for reference only. See our active listings for more jobs.
The head office of Architecture49 Inc. is currently seeking Architectural Designers.
- Under the direction of the Design Architect, the Junior Designer is involved in project development during schematic design, design development, and construction documentation phases
- Develop architectural concepts either autonomously or collaboratively as required
- Produce highly accurate 3D models and architectural drawings for conceptual presentations
- Create compelling architectural images that demonstrate a sensitivity to light and materiality
- Produce printed or digital presentation documents demonstrating a good sense of graphic design
- Develop architectural details in collaboration with Architectural Technicians
- Embrace and promote our key corporate values of Passion, Accountability, Collaboration and Knowledge, as well as environmental and social sustainability
- Professional degree from an accredited University
- 1-5 years post-qualification experience in Architecture, with a strong design portfolio and experience preparing Contract Documents
- Ability to clearly and confidently express design ideas and to work both independently or collaboratively as required; written and spoken English proficiency
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for design, critical thought, personal organization, accountability, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a willingness to actively participate in a culture of excellence
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to assess and prioritize tasks
- Exemplary skills in the following software: Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Proficiency in any of the following modeling / rendering software would be considered an asset: Enscape, SketchUp, Rhino + Grasshopper, 3ds Max, V-Ray
- Applicants who are currently registered in the Internship in Architecture Program (IAP) in Manitoba will be given priority consideration; internship registration in a different Canadian province will be considered an asset if the candidate is prepared to transfer their internship to Manitoba.