Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm with over 30 offices, we are proud to offer qualified staff shareholding options in our company.
Our team of 15 Landscape Architects and Technologists cover a diverse spectrum of projects in the public and private sectors – visit our website for project profiles! We use a multidisciplinary approach to achieve a balance between built and natural environments while creating landscapes for human use and enjoyment. Our teams work on exciting projects such as trails, parks & recreation, urban design, community development, and commercial & industrial landscape designs.
McElhanney Ltd. is growing and has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Landscape Designer in Kamloops, BC. In this role, the candidate will produce accurate, cost effective and timely landscape architectural designs and drawings, of a moderate scope and complexity, in order to meet client and legal requirements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent collaboration, technical, communication, and project coordination skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration by September 30, 2019.
- Conduct site analysis and prepare concepts, working drawings, specifications, and cost estimates;
- Accurately assess, compile and communicate relevant technical information to landscape architects;
- Observe and provide assistance on field inspections and contract administration;
- Ensure the accuracy of technical designs and drawings and revise as directed;
- Evaluate and implement, as directed, changes to technology, programs and related practices and procedures to ensure landscape architectural capabilities are current and market competitive.
- Develop relationships with peers within and beyond the landscape architecture discipline by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner;
- Remain updated on current professional practices, products, and procedures by monitoring trade publications and actively participating in professional associations.
- Landscape Architectural Technology diploma or Landscape Architecture degree from an accredited program;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of Landscape Architecture is preferred;
- A portfolio that illustrates the diversity of work completed as a Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect and the candidate’s abilities with respect to the above responsibilities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer experience (CAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, MS Project);
- Graphics experience (combination of hand-drawn graphics and digital graphics preferred – SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.);
- Familiarity with native and ornamental plants commonly used in British Columbia is an asset;
- Associate membership in the BCSLA/CSLA, or eligibility for membership, is an asset.