MAD Architects is currently seeking a Landscape Designer to join their Beijing office.
The Landscape Designer will be involved in the design, architectural, and technical aspects of projects and their graphic representation through the entire design process from concept to construction. Within dedicated teams, you will develop landscape packages that demonstrate clarity, design sensitivity, and a sound understanding of technical feasibility. As an integral part of our international practice, you will be contributing actively to the development of MAD.
- A globally-minded individual with an excellent academic background (Bachelor in Landscape Architecture / Landscape design or a related field of study from an internationally recognized school) and an outgoing, proactive and positive attitude.
- Have worked for at least 2 years in-depth post-qualification involvement in leading international architecture or landscape design firms, as a key contributor to the landscape design of complex large-scale mixed-use, cultural, civic or sports projects through all stages of design to construction.
- Combine strong aesthetic design sensitivity with technical awareness, and are a clear communicator.
- Articulate your ideas and concepts precisely, comprehensibly, and in a graphically engaging way.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of plants and planting design, including landform design, hardscape, and water features, as well as relevant practice and industry standards and codes.
- Have sound knowledge of architectural and landscape drawing and detailing. You are proficient in the preparation of landscape surveys and environmental impact assessments based on proposed designs.
- Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, enjoy contributing to your team, are flexible, and able to set priorities in order to deliver accurately and on time.
- Are highly skilled in AutoCAD and Adobe CS, with a working knowledge of Rhino and Revit. English fluency is a key requirement, with business level Mandarin and other business level language skills a plus.
Please email your resume and portfolio (in PDF format, size less than 6MB, with clear indication of your role on every project listed) to [email protected].
Please indicate the position you are applying for, your name, and the channel you see the hiring information in the subject line of your e-mail (ex. Senior Project Architect_Your Name_Channel).