Studio Munge is searching for a Project Manager- Interior Design to join their team in Toronto, Canada.
- Work closely with Project Leads and Technical team members to plan and manage project schedules ensuring deliverables are achieved on time and in accordance with clients’ construction management processes and budgets.
- Review initial contract document with management prior to commencement of work to ensure the fee structure, project schedule, and staff allocation are clearly defined.
- During design, monitor the contract, manage the scope of work, and prepare ASP for additional scope.
- Participate in key meetings with internal teams and clients during pre-tender phases.
- Communicate as primary contact for all project-related matters among clients, consultants, and construction managers during post-tender phases up to the turnover of the completed project.
- Coordinate design with all other consultants involved in the project.
- Advise designers and mentor technical team members.
- Review shop drawings and facilitate samples reviews.
- Conduct periodic site visits to ensure construction is faithful to construction documents.
- Address site issues by providing timely and appropriate solutions in liaison with the internal design team.
- Monitor site work and flag work that is not completed in accordance with the design intent.
- Issue Addendum Site Instructions and change orders.
- Provide any supporting CAD drawings or sketches for consultant and/or contractor coordination.
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada – holding Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident status or a valid work permit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Interior Design or Architecture.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in all phases of projects for high-end hospitality, private or multi-residential projects.
- Working knowledge of interior construction, drawings, and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical skills: able to communicate or clarify design intent by way of hand-sketch or 3D Sketchup.
- Ability to travel to Canadian and international projects
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience managing international projects.
- Bilingual or trilingual an asset.
- Software Skills (High Proficiency): AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office.
- Software Skills (Working Knowledge): Revit, Microsoft Project Software.