Duties include working in a professional environment with a team of engineers, analysts and GIS developers, environmental scientists and planners.
The primary duties of the Senior CAD Designer, with support and direction from Project Engineers and Project Managers, is to produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided drafting software. The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with remote team members and with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, both technical and non-technical, is required.
HDR is interested in someone who is passionate, self-motivated, and has a strong desire to research, learn and grow as a CAD professional; someone who can appropriately apply technology to solve problems and provide services to our clients. The position requires a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and ability to manage the development of construction documents. Work may also entail field investigations and inspections, data compilation, and generation of spreadsheets.
- CAD manager for large projects: Work with project PM for project set up, coordination of CAD efforts, CAD QC, and product delivery in accordance with the project schedule and project standards.
- Produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs using computer-aided design software with support and input from Project Manager, supervisor, and/or other technical leads.
- Provide CAD QC on construction documents based on project standards and consistency throughout set.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Requires good working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
- Requires good working knowledge of MicroStation 2D and 3D.
- Experience in the development of construction documents for complex, multi-discipline projects.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Ability and experience managing and training junior CAD technicians/team members.
- Knowledge and training using Revit, Navisworks and/or Inventor is a plus.
- Prior civil/mechanical/structural/electrical engineering CAD related project experience preferred.