Hassell is currently seeking a client-facing Interior Design Associate to join their Hong Kong studio. The Interior Design Associate will work together in integrated design teams to produce the best outcomes for their clients.
About the role
- As a hands-on designer, you’ll collaborate with leaders from across the regional/global studios to be responsible for efficiently leading projects and teams in executing leading edge design outcomes in Asia that have a commitment to innovation and sustainability. Demonstrating commercial awareness, you will also assume financial responsibility and profitability for these projects.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, you will actively engage with clients and use your knowledge of design trends and local market insights to create strategies that nurture and grow existing relationships. In addition, you will monitor and act on strategic market opportunities to develop new client relationships that assist in the procurement of project work and drive the conversion of project opportunities, including initiating and driving winning competition entries.
- Within the studio, you will actively contribute to the design culture at Hassell. You will encourage creative, inquiring and intelligent design processes communicating design ideas that inspire people. Motivating and mentoring the next generation of designers, you will steward Hassell’s client focussed collaborative design processes to achieve design excellence and provide leadership, direction and knowledge input for the design and delivery of projects.
- Having lead and delivered a number of mid/large-scale Commercial & Workplace, Hospitality and Public Realm projects, you will have an impressive portfolio of work and an understanding of workplace strategy, current market practices and international standards. Drawing on this depth of experience and with a commitment to effective teamwork and collaboration, you are an authentic team and project leader.
- You have strong communication and client management skills with prior experience managing client and stakeholder relationships, particularly CRE clients. In addition, you have solid business development and marketing skills with an ability and interest in winning and managing work profitably.
- You will bring to this role an international mindset – either from prior experience working in international markets or from a natural curiosity of international design. You will be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment, collaborating with designers from across our regional and global studios.
Hassell values diversity, employing people across a number of regions, representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Their team has access to a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing:
- Creative studio working environment.
- Inter-studio transfer opportunities.
- Development and training including access to an online training program.
- Wellbeing benefits.
- Flexible start and finish times, part time and job share arrangements.
- Professional memberships.
- Study assistance.
Hassell is a fast-paced and proactive practice so they don’t wait until applications close to review them. Submit your application as soon as possible for the best chance to land your ultimate job.