Business of Design Week (BODW): 2023 presents Game Changers, this year’s theme partnered with the Netherlands and CreativeNL — a global pioneer of circular design. Game Changers are those who share a vision for a sustainable future and set ambitious goals and drive innovation that contributes to sustainable businesses and communities.
BODW’s international design conference brings together policymakers, business executives, and creative leaders to identify critical challenges, innovative ideas, and smart design processes driving circular design. First held in 2002, it is the annual flagship event of HKDC. For 20 years, BODW has partnered with 13 countries and cities to bring together the world’s foremost design masters, brand leaders and entrepreneurs to drive discourse on the value of innovation and explore new business opportunities.
- Ben van Berkel: Founder and Principal Architect at UNStudio.
- Winy Maas: Founding Partner and Principal Architect at MVRDV.
- Francine Houben: Creative Director and Architect at Mecanoo
- Eco-Sensitive Design: Shaping Sustainable Environments – How can design create a greener and a more resilient future? Join Samantha Peart, representing Hassell, and Chris van Duijn from OMA, as they delve into the realm of ecological design.
- Mind the Gap: Unpredicting Spaces to Redefine Architecture Archetypes – How can design break down barriers? Join Shohei Shigematsu, a partner at OMA, in an exploration of inclusive architecture and design.
- The Empowering Effect of Active Design – Shaping Sustainable Neighbourhoods – Discover the empowering effect of Winy Maas’s pioneering design approach in shaping sustainable environments.