3s Architects is hiring an experienced Senior Post-Part 3 Project Architect to join its team in London.
The successful candidate will work closely with the directors to run projects, as well as contribute to other schemes and oversee the work of other team members. In particular, they will be responsible for the technical design and implementation stages, including site and contract administration.
The candidate must be an ARB RIBA registered architect with five to ten plus years’ post Part 3 UK experience. They will demonstrate proven record of running both residential and mixed-use projects, including developing detailed technical proposals with a high level of design and site experience.
- Developing detailed designs including materials such as initial architectural design concepts, planning applications, the preparation of technical packages, building regulations, detailing, written scope of works and NBS specifications, schedules, tender packages
- Site role and contract administration
- Liaising with consultants and leading the process to coordinate designs
- Communicating with both private and commercial clients to develop the designs while maintaining the vision of the project and to achieve sign offs
- Growing and maintaining new and existing supplier relationships
- Specifying products and materials and coordinating within designs
- Working closely with the directors to oversee projects as well as the work of other team members
- Mentoring and directing junior and middle weight designers
- Proven track record of completed private residential houses and mixed use developments
- Work on selected projects RIBA stages minimum 1-5
- Efficient working alone, but also an team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Good sketching and presentation skills
- Experience in dealing with different stakeholders, such as clients, contractors and other suppliers, in a professional manner
- Experience in working with consultants and leading the design team
- Excellent knowledge of UK regulations and RIBA job stages
- Exceptional attention to detail across all aspects of design
- Experienced knowledge of products and specification
- Proven site and contract experience
- Knowledge of Vectorworks 2D and 3D desirable, but not essential
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and workload and understanding of resources and fees
- Must be proficient in the following programs: Vectorworks CAD, 3D SketchUp, render software, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, Excel and other Microsoft programs
Candidates interested in the Senior Post-Part 3 Project Architect position at 3s Architects must submit a CV, portfolio of both design and technical work, and a cover letter including salary expectations via the apply for job button below.